This super easy brunch recipe is taken from Sarah Philpott’s beautiful new book – The Occassional Vegan. This pea and avocado spread, also known as God’s butter, tastes amazing! There’s a sweetness of ginger, a kick of chilli and a hint of lime. It’s a perfect treat when you’re working from home, as it’s so quick to make. Do grab yourself a copy of the Occasional Vegan here – it’s a gorgeous book full of easy vegan recipes. (And the orange chocolate brownies are just divine).
Make in 5 – 10 minutes
- serves 2
- contains 2 of your 5 a day
- gluten free
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 medium avocado (ripe)
- juice of half a lime
- half a red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- Boil or stem the peas for 2-3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl, use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocado with the chilli, ginger and mint, then add the peas and continue mashing.
- Sitr through the tahini and lime juice and serve on toast.
Why not save some peas from dinner to use in this recipe – making it even quicker!