This has been one of my favourite snacks recently, especially as it’s so incredibly easy to put together. I’ve started adding a little glaze to the croissants to make them a little more special. Luckily it takes just 30 seconds to make – and it’s totally worth it!
Make in less than 10 minutes
- 1 large or 2 small croissant(s)
- 1 large slice of Emmental cheese
- 1 large slice of ham (I love French Torchon ham, but anything will do!)
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustand
- ½ teaspoon of runny honey
- Heat the oven to 190°/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Cut the croissant(s) horizontally and lay the ham and cheese inside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard and honey. Brush the mixture onto the top of the croissant.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is starting to melt.
Omit the ham for a vegetarian version or jazz it up by adding a layer of thinly sliced mushrooms or tomatoes.
Don’t forget to pin it: