This recipe is one of my guilty pleasures. I tend to try not to keep many biscuits or cake in the house. So if I need a treat then it forces me to go to the shops. Which means I usually don’t bother, resulting in me eating something healthier instead. But (un)fortunately I’ve discovered the wonders of the microwave mug cake. It just happens to be pretty quick and easy to throw together and uses ingredients I usually have at home. And it’s delicious! Great (I think…!)
Make in 5 minutes
- serves 1
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp strong coffee, cold
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- Measure out the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into your biggest mug and mix together.
- Add in the egg and mix, before adding in the milk, coffee and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Cook for 1 ½ – 2 minutes in the microwave, until it has stopped rising. Make sure you watch it!
If you don’t have any coffee, just add in 3 tbsp of milk instead – works just as well!
If you love it, dont’ forget to Pin it!