We all need a pick-me-up occasionally and a mug cake is a great way to treat yourself without spending hours baking a cake or faffing around with going to the shop. You’ll need an oversized mug for this one – the bigger the better.
Make in 5 mins
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, plus a pinch for topping
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- Put the flour, sugar and desiccated coconut into your biggest (oversized) mug and mix well.
- Beat in the egg with a fork, then add in the coconut milk and oil. Stir until smooth.
3. Cook for 1½–2 minutes in the microwave, until it has stopped rising. Make sure you keep your eye on it!
If you don’t have self-raising flour, use plain flour with a couple of pinches of baking powder mixed in.
You can use the rest of the coconut milk to make the easy coconut noodle soup here.