I recently discovered the delights of a sushi bowl – all the flavour and goodness of sushi but without the bother of delicately wrapping up maki… which I actually do love doing, but not in the middle of the day when I’ve got deadlines! This is my own take on a sushi bowl – no raw fish, and microwave rice. Not authentic, but definitely tasty.
Make in 5 minutes
- 50g smoked salmon
- 125g microwave (or leftover) rice
- ¼ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 50g soya beans (defrosted if from frozen)
- 2-3 seaweed thins or 1 nori sheet (I love itsu seaweed thins), thinly cut
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- Heat the rice according to the instructions on the packet, and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Assemble all the ingredients in an instagramable fashion (or not…), top with soy sauce and eat.
I love this just with soy sauce, but you could also add lime juice or a (tiny) bit of wasabi if you’re feeling brave.