Fancy a sneaky fry up when working from home, but just don’t have the time? No problem – just pop it in the oven. It’s less much less bother and quite a bit healthier. It makes a perfect easy breakfast or brunch treat.
This is a pretty straightforward vegetarian version. I tend to use this a basis and then add other things as I have them – see the tips below for some inspiration!
Make in 20 minutes
- Serves 1
- 3 of your 5 a day
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Put the mushrooms into a oven proof dish, drizzle with oil and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes into the pan, making two gaps for the eggs. Crack the eggs in and return to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are just set.
There’s loads of other things you could add to this – spinach, halloumi or sweet potato. Or if you’re a meat-eater, there’s the obvious contenders or spice it up with a bit of chorizo?