This is a bit of a indulgent meal. It might be super quick but it’s definitely not super cheap, as it’s full of gorgeous fresh ingredients – prawns, scallops, asparagus and tenderstem broccoli. But if you’re happy to push your food budget a little, this is an amazing quick mealtime treat. The intense flavours of the seafood, asparagus, lime and soy are pretty sublime.
Make in 15 minute
– Serves 1
– 2 of your 5 a day
– Dairy free
– Gluten free (but check the noodles and soy sauce)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g asparagus
- 150g fresh rice noodles
- 100g king prawns
- 100g scallops
- half a lime
- soy sauce
1. Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic and ginger and heat until fragrant.
2. Add the broccoli and asparagus and stir fry for 5 minutes
3. Pop in the rice noodles into the wok with the broccoli and asparagus, and heat for a further 3 minutes.
4. Next, add in the prawns and scallops until just cooked through.
5. Serve, with the lime and soy sauce on hand – and add to taste.
If you’d like to be more exacting with your measurements for the lime and soy I’d say one tablespoon of each is probably optimum – and you can always add this to the wok to heat it through just before stirring.