This is a firm favourite in my house – it’s the go-to easy meal, which is probably dished up once a week. It’s by no means an authentic Mexican recipe. I’ve massively simplified it over the years, down to the very basics. So there are no blending of multiple spices to get just the right flavour, in fact you just bung in one spice and you’re done. It’s definitely a cheat, but that’s what makes it so easy in my book!
Make in 20 minutes
– Serves 1
– 3 of your 5 a day
- half a red onion, sliced
- half a yellow pepper, sliced
- half a red pepper, sliced
- half a green pepper, sliced
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 wraps
- half an avocado, sliced
- handful of grated cheese
- half a lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- dash of chilli sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Mix the honey and paprika in with the chopped onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Add the vegetables to a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
You can add the wraps in for the last couple of minutes to soften them..
- Once the vegetables are cooked add then into the wraps with the avocado, cheese, coriander and a squeeze of lime. Add a dash of chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
My absolute favourite chilli sauce has to be Cholula – you should be able to pick up a bottle in your local supermarket. But be a little cautious at first – it has quite a zing!