This is a firm favourite in my house – it’s such a go-to easy meal, which we probably dish up once a week. It’s by no means an authentic Mexican recipe, so there are no blending of multiple spices to get just the right flavour. You just bung in one spice and you’re done. It’s definitely a cheat, but that’s what makes such a reliable quick and tasty meal.
Make in 20 minutes
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tortilla wraps
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- handful of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- dash of chilli sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Mix the honey and paprika in with the chopped onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Add the vegetables to a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
You can add the wraps in for the last couple of minutes to soften them.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add then into the wraps with the avocado, cheese, coriander and a squeeze of lime. Add a dash of chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
My absolute favourite chilli sauce has to be Cholula – you should be able to pick up a bottle in your local supermarket. But be a little cautious at first – it has quite a zing!