This is a super swift recipe – at just 15 minutes. If you’re using leftover or fresh spaghetti, you can get it down 10 minutes, including chopping! This is a perfect meal to grab if you’re short on time but are after something super tasty. The anchovies, olives and capers give this a pretty strong blast of Italian flavours.
Make in 15 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 of your 5 a day
- Dairy free
- 1 tsp olive oil (I’d suggest you use the oil that the anchovies come in)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tinned anchovy fillets
- 3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 30g black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp capers
- 50ml passata
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil a large pan of water, add the spaghetti and simmer for 10-12 minutes (according to packet instructions)
- Fry the garlic in the oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the anchovies, sundried tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook for 1 minute, breaking down the anchovies into a paste.
- Add the passata and continue stirring on a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti, saving a cupful of water if you can.
- Stir everything together, including the parsley. Use the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.