This is a super easy, hands-off meal. Especially as there’s no worrying about adding herbs or spices, as all the umami flavour comes from the chorizo and chicken while it’s cooking. This recipe gives you two half an hour chunks of time to get back to work while it cooks – if you can concentrate with the smell of chorizo wafting by your desk!
Make in 1 hour 10 minutes (with 2 x 30 minute breaks)
- 1 tsp vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 200g chicken thigh fillets
- 200g potatoes, cut into wedges
- 50g cooking chorizo, cut into small chunks
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ courgette, sliced
- ½ red or yellow pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- Heat the oven to 220°/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Add the oil to the roasting tin and transfer to the preheated oven until the oil is hot.
- Add the chicken, potatoes and chorizo to the hot oil in the roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, return to your desk and get half an hour’s work in!
- Give the roasting tin a bit of a shake and carefully remove any excess liquid in the bottom with a spoon. Add in the red onion, courgette and pepper and cook for another 30 minutes. (A good chance for a bit more work?)
If you find the vegetables are turning bit soggy, rather than nicely brown and crispy, try using a bigger roasting tin to prevent your veggies swimming in liquid. Of course, removing any liquid during (and after) step 3 will help with this too.
If you love it, don’t forget to pin it: