I find this such a welcome treat for a bit of time out from work – it’s swift to make but packed with flavour. Noodle soup is probably best eaten away from the computer, so take this excuse to have a break from the screen and savour some amazing Thai flavours in just 15 minutes.
Make in 15 minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 of your 5 a day
- Dairy free
100g coconut milk
150ml fish or vegetable stock
1 tsp of tom yum paste
1 tsp fish sauce
50g frozen soya beans
50g instant rice noodles
50g cooked king prawns
50g seafood sticks, halved
¼ cucumber, cut into batons
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the coconut milk and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the tom yum paste, fish sauce and soya beans, then leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and run them under cold water and place into your bowl.
- Add the prawns and seafood sticks to the soup to heat through.
- Pour the soup over the noodles. Serve topped with cucumber batons and sesame seeds.
If you’re using raw king prawns, simmer for 1-2 minutes until they’ve turned pink.
The cooking instruction for your noodles might vary from step 3, if so, use the package guidelines instead.