If eggs aren’t one of your go-to ingredients for a quick lunch or brunch, they really should be. This frittata is healthy, super quick to make, and can be eaten hot or cold. It’s just perfect for fitting in around your work demands.
Make in 10 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 of your 5 a day
- Gluten free
- 1 tsp oil
- 50g pancetta
- 40g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 40g spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp grated parmesan
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, on a medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Tip in the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute, until wilted, then season with black pepper and salt.
- Reduce the heat of the hob and pour the beaten eggs on top of the pancetta, mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook undisturbed for 3 minutes until the eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top, and pop the frittata under the grill for 2 minutes to brown the top.
You could always change the fillings – try ham or chorizo, cheddar or feta. This is a great basic recipe, that’s easy to play around with. Just make sure all your ingredients are cooked before adding in the eggs.